V-Ray for SketchUp
V-Ray for Sketch-Up offers visualisation professionals a state-of-the-art solution that generates high-quality images of unparalleled realism.
Render Options are now easier than ever, with Default Render settings reflecting correct
settings for Indirect Illumination, the V-Ray
Sun, V-Ray Sky, and Sampling levels.
V-Ray offers Sketch-Up users a robust set of global illumination and ray-tracing features that enable them to bring their ideas to life quickly, easily, and cost-effectively.
V-Ray for Sketch-Up 4 v1.5
Current V-Ray for Sketch-Up users can now update their version of V-Ray free of charge
and Render in DesignTime™.
This service release offers several additional features, including the much anticipated V-Ray Toon material, expanded render channels and extra light options. In addition, this service release also addresses several bug fixes.
"We are very excited to bring this Service Release to our customers", said Damien
Alomar, Product Manager for ASGvis, the
V-Ray for Sketch-Up."This release continues to add features and clear up issues that will offer
a marked improvement in render quality and workflow for V-Ray"
image ©Gensler 2007
• True raytraced reflections and refractions
• Glossy reflections and refractions
• Area shadows (soft shadows). Includes box
• and sphere emitters
• Indirect Illumination (global illumination,
• global lighting). Different approaches include
• direct computation (brute force), and
• irradiance maps.
• Depth-Of-Field camera effect
• Antialiasing. Includes fixed, simple 2-level
• and adaptive approaches
• True HDRI support. Includes support of proper
• texture coordinate handling for both cubic and
• angular maps. Map your images directly
• without distortions or cropping
• Re-usable irradiance maps (save and load
• support). Incremental sampling for
• fly-through animations
• V-Ray Material Editor with Material Preview
• V-Ray Sun and Sky
• V-Ray Physical Camera
• Distributed Rendering allowing a single image
• to be process over up to 10 machines
• Per Material GI, Background, Reflection
• and Refraction
• V-Ray Two-Sided Material for easy creation
• of thin translucency
• Animation Support